The 7x24 Exchange DC Chapter Education Committee is pleased to have selected twelve outstanding recipients for the 2019-2020 Shariar Zaimi Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was established to recognize exceptional full-time students enrolled in an engineering program who are pursuing an education in an engineering or computer science field that supports the data center industry. Thanks to the support of our sponsors throughout the year we were able to grant $33,000 in awards this year! Since the program’s inception in 2012, the 7x24 Exchange DC Chapter has awarded 61 scholarships with a total value of $161,000.
This year, two awards are valued at $5,000, three are valued at $3,000 and five are valued at $2,500 each. In addition, two recipients from a two-year community college have been awarded scholarships valued at $1,000 and $500.
Congratulations to this year’s scholarship recipients! They include:
- Robert Patina - $5000 Award (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, General Engineering)
- Catherine Bennett - $5,000 Award (Clarkson University, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering)
- Sam Caplea - $3,000 Award (University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Mechanical Engineering)
- Seth Denmark - $3,000 Award (Rochester Institute of Technology, Civil Engineering)
- Nicholas Scoggins - $3,000 Award (University of Virginia, Systems Engineering)
- Henry Trochlil - $2,500 Award (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, General Engineering)
- Megan McCoskey - $2,500 (Clarkson University, Environmental Engineering)
- Alec Souders - $2,500 (Christopher Newport University, Computer Science Engineering)
- Reagan Bird - $2,500 (University of Mary Washington, Computer Science Engineering)
- Jeremy Lunn - $2,500 (James Madison University, General Engineering)
- Jayden Henson - $1,000 (Northern Virginia Community College, Civil Engineering)
- Justin Krebbs - $500 (Northern Virginia Community College, Data Center Operations)