Education Committee Vision Statement:
The DC Chapter of 7×24 Exchange Education Committee exists to seek and find opportunities for Students by way of managing our Scholarship Program. The program consists of three different scholarship for continuing education, as well as a program that provides industry training for building operating engineers for Data Centers. We strive to award these scholarships in hopes to retain Students in the Data Technology Field.
The 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter will award several scholarships in memory of Shariar Zaimi and Jonathan Litvany. These scholarships will be provided to several students currently enrolled in an accredited Engineering program who meet the application requirements.
Scholarship awards will be made to students enrolled in a two-year community college that provides an Associate’s degree in an engineering/data center program (requirements are detailed in the application) and a four year college that provides a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in an engineering program.
In addition, we have a scholarship program designed to encourage our veterans who are participating in a critical operations programs.
If you would like to sponsor a student, please have them fill out an application. Sponsors MUST be active members of the DC Chapter. Applications are due by June 18th, 2021.
2021 Shariar Zaimi Memorial Scholarship Awards
The 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter Education Committee is pleased to have selected fourteen outstanding recipients for the 2021-2022 Shariar Zaimi Memorial Scholarship Awards. This scholarship was established to recognize exceptional full-time students enrolled in an engineering program who are pursuing an education in an engineering or computer science field that supports the data center industry. Thanks to the support of our sponsors throughout the year we were able to grant $35,000 in awards this year! Since the program’s inception in 2012, the 7×24 Exchange DC Chapter has awarded 91 scholarships with a total value of $235,500.
Congratulations to this year’s scholarship recipients! They include:
- Maddy Freese, $5,000, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Jack McGarrity, $3,500, Notre Dame
- Michael Brown, $3,500, University of Maryland
- Seth Denmark, $3,000, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Gabriel Machado, $2,500, University of Florida
- Megan McCoskey, $2,500, Clarkson University
- Aiden Cranfield, $2,000, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- Arya Ganesan, $2,000, University of Virginia
- Shara Shanmugasundaram, $2,000, Cornell University
- Eric Jackson, $2,000, Boston University
- Sam Bennett, $2,000, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Jayden Henson, $2,000, George Mason University
- Catherine Bennett, $1,500, Clarkson University
- Owen Runge, $1,500, Wabash College
We continue to encourage these recipients to apply for next year’s scholarship program and wish them all luck during their academic year!